Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rolling back to 1.XX?

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
If I update to version 2, can I roll back to version 1XX if I have a problem? I'm doing a contest weekend in October, and I want to have a  fallback  have  a backup in caase 2 gives out on me. Otherwise, I'll just wait until after October to upgrade.

Answers

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I believe yes.  The radio will make you update (really downgrade) the firmware but it should work just fine.

I have yet to have a 2.x crash of any kind.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes. You can at will. Just run the version you wish at any time.  You can also keep as many versions on your computer as you like.  They do not interact with each other and the only delay in changing is the time it takes to update the radio to that version of software.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The radio is licensed for a maximum version. You can run any version lower as long as the hardware supports it.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Okay - just making sure. Thanks much.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.