Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RMS Express - Winlink - Any issues with SmartSDR v2.0.19.98. Any Install issues.? Thanks K4CAE

Options
David Livingston
David Livingston Member ✭✭

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No problems here.
    The WinMOR soundcard TNC runs and SmartSDR CAT and DAX work faultlessly.
    My SCS PTC-IIpro runs with PACTOR III and also works without any problems. image
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the information...  Works perfectly in both Telnet and HF.

Thanks again,
    K4CAE
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wish I was as lucky as you guys! I'm constantly fight Dax issues. I'm think it is all related to Windows and Dax not playing together very well! I'll have it working just fine, then the next time it won't work. Have even lost all audio on two different computers and have successfully restored audio on one of the two. Now that one complains about Dax having an issue. Time to uninstall Flex software for the umpteenth time and trying to load again from scratch. I sure wish Flex could figure out what they are doing wrong or else get Microsoft to clean up their act.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Steve, look at your soundcard settings first. I rund 15 virtual soundcards on Windows 7 64bit HE and have never had any problems with soundcard or DAX settings. If you have persistent soundcard problems, look at your driver (is it updated?) and soundcard hardware. If you run a PC and the soundcard is not on board, but is a separate card, it may have been dislocated. If all fails, set up a fresh Windows 10 on a separate PC or notebook.

I run one main PC for EDV and a separate Sony VAIO I7 notebook for ham use only. Both use Windows 7. My portable notebook for fieldday and EMCOMM is a Panasonic toughbook CF-52, which also uses Windows 7 64bit. For remote use of my Flex6k5, I have a ASUS Zenbook which runs under Windows 10. No problems with any of them, but that might also be due to all those soundcards being on the main board.

I hope you can solve your problems,
    73, Alex - DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.