Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RF power, ALC

Sergey R5AU
Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
FRS Team !, for the moment i have no idea how the profiles logic will be designed in 1 year(roadmap), but for now i ask you to implement ALC functionality and RF power persistance for each band. I guess is a one of the top issue for users with external PA(especially solid state)

Comments

• EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I vote for that also! Happend to me on weekend. Good, that i have acom and he switch off due to 100 Watts input. Now, when i startet the radio, i must think abot many changes to start to work, every time: - 20+ db on voice switch off/on -100 Wattts to reduce for my PA - Display flicker reduce to 10(for me) - AGC-T reduce to 40 (for me) - check if the TX Filter on voice have changed and set it again - Push the button for Moni - etc. I thing, for critical issure it will be good to publish often updates. cu Emil, de DL8JJ
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I sincerely hope some of these fixes and features are not limited to roadmap updates. When something comes up that effects the usability of the radio it should be addressed ASAP and not just included in the next roadmap update. IMHO persistence is one of those types of items...not just a feature. I continue to use the 6700 to help with finding issues and possible ideas for improvements but as Emil has pointed out, it is becoming a chore to use always having to remember to reset this thing or that thing...etc..etc... OOps, something locked up now I have to close SSDR and go back and reset everything again. I know FRS was under lots of pressure to get things out but persistence and some settings sticky by band should be such a basic function it should have been there in the first release....at least the first release of Ver 1.0. Just my opinion...lord knows I have a ton of them. I still enjoy the radio its just that it is more work than it needs to be. 73 Greg
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Greg, you are right, i am with you
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Both ALC and band/mode persistence are being worked on for v1.1.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thank you a lot Steve, great ! FRS go ahead !
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    It would be nice if we could set an initial power output limit for power on. I never want more than 40 watts. If I need more then I use the Amp. I forget to reduce the power sometimes and it causes distortion and stress on the amplifier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.