Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

rf power spec

Ron AI4HH
Ron AI4HH Member
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
What is the continuous RF Power spec or limit on the Flex-6x000 series?
New Flex-6500 on order to replace (upgrade) Flex-5000A.  The Flex-5000A is 100 watts continuous which is great as a remoteham station.   

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    RF Output Power: 1-100W nominal SSB, CW, FM, RTTY, Digital; 1-25W nominal AM

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/flex-6500/

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi Ron

Congrats on the update.  I kept my 5000A for a while until passing it on.

The 6000 series are also 100w (excepting 4m (6500) and 4m/2m (6700) which have their output power defined by the transverter setup).  Same robust output.

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/comparison-table/  is a nice handy chart summarizing features.

Hope you have as much fun with your new Radio as the 5000A.  I did want to write this comment as I did not fully accommodate how legacy my shack's legacy PC was, and though it ran SmartSDR (Preview at the time) "okay-ish" it wasn't until I replaced with with one of Neal's FlexReady computers that I was happy.  Just mentioning it in as there is no need for others to repeat the mistake I made that my old XP box was going to serve well just because it had a onetime great processor. 

The SmartSDR page has a Requirements Tab that both lists and also links a lot of information on the PC issue:  http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr/

All best, good luck and 73

Steve K9ZW

• Ron AI4HH
    Ron AI4HH Member
    edited May 2016
    TNXs Tim,
    That was the answer I was looking for.   Looking forward to my new Flex-6500.  The Flex-5000A was a great and real work horse of a radio.  
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited March 2017
    Which model of final transistor does a Flex 6000 use anyhow?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Mitsubishi RD100HHF1
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah you can't hurt it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.