Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RF in Maestro

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have tried everything I can think of to keep RF out of my Maestro but at 30 watts on CW the thing locks up and I must turn off the 6700 and restart it.... when using my computer and the software I can run 1500 and no problems... any ideas??

Answers

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    It probably isn't the Maestro.
    First thing you need to do is check to see if your router is sensitive to RF. I wouldn't be surprised f it reboots when you are transmitting. 

But its a good practice is to put toroids on any cables leaving or entering anything in the control path of the station. I put good size toroids on all of my cables going into the Flexradio. The biggest help was when I put one on both ends of the Cat5 cable. One at the Radio, and one at the router. 

Toroids, toroids -  everywhere. I don't even wait for a problem any more. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I agree and and have toroids in everything ... I have several in both ends of the cat5 too... I only have this broken when I use the Maestro... running 30 watts.... run the 6700 with the Smart software and 1500 watts and no problem...
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Change the length of the cat 5 to the Maestro and see if that helps. Tim VE6SH
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Try using wifi instead of Ethernet, using battery.  Disconnect your mic, key, headphones, etc. If you still have problems, it's in your router or other parts of your network. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited April 2017
    I'll try that ... thanks I don't see how it could be the router as at 1500 watts using the computer it works FB and that uses the same router
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Unfortunately my Maestro doesn't work on wifi even though everything else in the shack works great and show very strong full scale signals... my next try is a different length cat5 cable.... now on CW at 30 or so watts the Maestro locks up in transmit
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Unlikely but,  RF coulld also be picked up by the poower cable/adapter.. 
    What band(s) is the problem on?

AL, K0VM
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    All bands and have a collection of toroids on every cable
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Something sounds a little peculiar about this.. I have used Maestro in heavy (and I mean heavy) RF fields and have not had this issue.  Another thing that is a bit odd is that you cannot use WIFI.  Unless you have some kind of known antenna config that would obviously point to an RF issue, I would consider opening a support case and let the flex support team get you working properly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.