Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Reverse RF Warning

Kg5dwx
Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Just installed a ALE hardware transceiver running on a vertical, the 6500 is running on a longwire, both have SGC-235 tuners at the feed point. I am getting the attached warning when ALE transmits. Is this RF in the shack or the proximity of the antennas? any thoughts would be helpful.

imageRodney

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Probably proximity -- how far apart are the antennas & what is the power level? You may need to reconfigure.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited March 2017
    You are getting more than 100mW of power into the receiver and the radio is disconnecting the receiver from the antenna.  It is most likely coupling between the antennas.  I would use a power meter to find out what's up before transmitting any more ... 
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, I believe it to be coupling also (not the answer I was looking for). The vertical is 10' from the long wire. Will reconfigure.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Reverse power protection kicks in between +18 and +22 dBm depending on frequency and whether you are in WIDE or narrow mode.  
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Does this also hold true for the 6300?
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Sorry for not being familiar with this feature, but will it 100% protect the radio ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, it does
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The failsafe is not guaranteed to be 100%. There is always some delay between detection and the disconnect relay engaging.  In general, it will protect the radio, but if you receive a cascade of the messages like shown above, you should stop transmitting or physically disconnect the antennas from the 6000 ASAP.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Tim. I currently only utilize one antenna but the plan is to incorporate more in the future and wanted to understand this feature better than my current knowledge base.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.