Rev 1.5.1 and DXLab Commander Issue

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
After upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.1, Commander won't connect to radio unless I change the config from Flex-6500 to Kenwood; when I do this everything is generally OK. Obviously, CAT and the ports are working fine but it now needs to be configured Kenwood instead of Flex-6500? Flex 6500 Windows 10 and latest DXLab suite.
Photo of Brad - N6SPM

Brad - N6SPM

• 45 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bob Wright, N7ZO

Bob Wright, N7ZO

• 268 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi Brad,

There have been some issues since 1.5.0 with Commander not discovering the 6000 series radios when using the Ethernet API.  The problem is not consistent and I don't think Dave, AA6YQ, has been able reproduce the problem reliably.

Try specifying your radio's IP address and IP port (4992 is the default) on Commander's radio configuration page.  I did that and it has been working well with both 1.5.0 and 1.5.1.

Also, make sure your Commander is up to date as there have been a lot of changes lately.  11.9.3 is the current version.

73, Bob, N7ZO
(Edited)
Photo of Brad - N6SPM

Brad - N6SPM

• 45 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Thank you Bob - That worked. I have dynamic address assignment on my home network, so this may be necessary each time I fire up?

73, Brad, N6SPM

Photo of Bob Wright, N7ZO

Bob Wright, N7ZO

• 268 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi Brad,

DHCP address assignments don't change that often on home networks. DHCP servers (usually your main router) have a lease period during which they reserve the address for that device.  Most routers have a setting where the reservation can be made permanent, what is usually called a static lease.

So, no, you probably will not have to change the setting as long as the radio is fired up once in a while (every couple of weeks?).

73, Bob, N7ZO
(Edited)
Photo of Sergey, R5AU

Sergey, R5AU

• 846 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Is not necessary in the last version of the Commander care concerning radio IP - just skip it - don't fiil in, use radio serial number only, exploring broadcasting works well in last commander.
BTW last commander has other issue with DAX channel( strange ? ) - always resetting DAX to channel 1
Photo of Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I had similar issue ,I deleted all of my com ports and opened ssdr and scat again, everything started working.

Greg ni8r
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 309 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
My commander is working perfect, no issue with SMART SDR 1.5.1

Jim
WU5E