Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

reset kills profiles

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Resetting the radio's database during power on also erases any saved profiles and saved CWX messages. Profiles and messages should not be impacted by resets. As is, if we have to reset to fix something we have to rebuild all the messages and profiles.

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Greg,
      If you do a 'Export' of your profile before the database reset, you can 'import' the profiles after the DB reset. One Export will restore all of your saved profiles.. Unfortunately CWX  messages are not restored..

AL, K0VM
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Let me suggest to the Flex software engineers that we address this weakness in some pro-active way.  Could be a nag box reminding the user to export the settings when they are written to the radio, for instance.  It is not intuitive (at least to me) that these settings are stored in the radio rather than in SSDR's configuration metadata.  Therefore I will make a mistake like this every time unless my awareness is raised.

Let's look on the brighter side -- we have a direct connection to the people making the software decisions.  We can shape how this radio works.

Dave, KK6FCH

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It's great, I think, that profiles are in the radio server. When a new client comes on line, the profiles are there, ready to roll. Big advantage for multiple client installations, especially when we have access via WAN. A reminder to back up, or perhaps a background process that periodically backs things up to a client, might be a good thing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
    This is by design.  When you clear the database in the radio, it clears all of the settings in the radio.  As Al indicated, backingup your profiles before clearing the radio DB is a best practice.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

But when radio wont stay connected and you are forced to do a reset to fix it you loose everything ..... I tried for 2 hours to get it back, finally a rests got it back working.

Have no idea why it did that.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is covered in the SmartSDR for Windows User Guide in section 27.12 - Restoring to Factory Defaults along with a recommendation to save you global and TX profiles before resetting the radio.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Don't forget that once you have saved your profiles you also need to EXPORT  before doing the factory reset. And then IMPORT after the reset.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.