Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Request for modified buttons for record and playback

Options
David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

Can SmartSDR GUI be modified to increase the size and location of the record and playback buttons? Right now, they are small and sometimes not easy to quickly click on them.

Here's my rendition of what I would like to see implemented.

Suggestions?

Dave, wo2x

Comments

• Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good job Dave I have spoken to Steve Hicks quite a while back on making these buttons bigger they are much too small hopefully they will see this and make them bigger.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dave

I had the exact same frustration until Steve (K5FR) Nance pointed out to me that I could map these controls to a Genovation Keypad via DDUTIL.  I now have physical record and playback buttons.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Options

Good idea. I do have a Genovatiom 24 button keypad. Didn;t think to map a couple of buttons.

Dave, wo2x

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I got this from Steve Nance

MAke sure every toggle gets its own index number (P1). Map the Genovation to this macro.

DDTG - Toggles 2 macros (mod eff v3.2.1)

Form: DDTG P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 ;

Parm: P1 = Toggle index number (2 numeric digits {00-19})

Parm: P2 = Separator (1 char {':' recommended})

Parm: P3 = **** = 3 digits for On macro

Parm: P4 = Separator (1 char {':' recommended})

Parm: P5 = **** = 3 digits for Off macro

Uses: DDTG01:020:021; toggles macro pair #01 for macros 20 and 21

So far I have mapped the following toggle buttons..

0  Master Mute

1 MOX/PTT  

2 TUNE

3  Diversity 

4  AGC       

5  Slice Mute 

6  NB        

7  NR        

8  Slice Lock

9 Record     

10 Play     

11 Amp Standby Operate 

The other alternative is to use Stu's K6TU iPad App which does much of what you need for contesting without your having to write macros..

I actually use both but since I will be remoting a lot the next few months and I can't use the iPad app remote without a VPN, the macro buttons are the preferred solution..

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks! I've got some clear double button caps. Perfect for a MOX button. Let me know if you would like a couple. The clear caps are nice. The Genovation label maker app allows making color coordinated labels.

We use the USB Genovation keypads in out 9-1-1 center. The calltakers love them.

Dave

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Howard, Steve and Dave....mapping toggle buttons is a nice feature....generally I have things working but I hv a problem when I open up a browser.....

- Flex 6500 started- reboot PC    (i7  32Gig memory  Win 10 Pro)
    - start SSDR and connect to radio
    - start DDUTIL
    - macro buttons in DDUTIL all work   Tune on...Tune off...Tune Toggle
    - CP24 keypad buttons all work
    - F key all work
    - Ctrl Shft M  on highlighted macros all work

now some problems....
    - start Chrome.....F keys no longer work...shut down chrome and F keys will work again as long as I exercise a button in DDUTIL or on the keypad

- close Chrome and start Microsoft Edge....same problem

when I try and use the F keys in chrome or edge, they attempt to exercise another function, for example in Chrome if I press F6 it highlights the url address bar.

it seems like macros will work with a browser open as long as I don't use the F keys

any ideas?

Thanks
    Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.