Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Repeater shift stays active after changing mode from N/FM. v1.4, F6300

Steve Walker
Steve Walker Member
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Earlier today I'd been up in 10m FM working a couple of repeaters in NFM with the default 100Khz drop in TX frequency active. Then today I popped down to 40m with the same slice active, changed to USB and put a couple of calls out - and noticed that I was down 100Khz on the waterfall!. There appears no way to change it without changing mode back to N/FM and clicking "Simplex". I have not seen anyone else report this, and wonder if this is by design or expected behaviour. I have had several classic radios that when you leave the mode which was working "repeater shift" and return to say USB you get RXf=TXf it would be odd to have a non N/FM mode working a repeater on HF ...

Fully reproducible and you get no indication when you leave N/FM that anything is "on" in the way of a shift in TX frequency.

Comments

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Steve,

I do not see that with my 6700.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Steve,

Thanks for the report.  When you went to 40m, did you press the 40m Band button, or just tune the Slice to 7.x directly?
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi Eric,

If I choose the slice I am using and use say HRD to shift the band or to tune to the band myself entering the freq in the panel and/or click the 40m button then say choose LSB (if HRD has not already changed the mode) it persists the shift. Attached are some shots.

10m FM with SLICEA

I set a -100Khz shift which is obeyed fine. I then change mode...

And drop down to 40m ... and tune up on LSB and we see the shift is remembered.

Even clicking the band button does not loose the shift, only going to N/FM and then removing the shift or clicking simplex does the slice behave.

Does that follow OK? If you use an external program like HRD to tune from say the cluster then you get the effect immediately!

73 Steve

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Steve,

Does the shift persist if you change the slice frequency after you change modes? 
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes if I am on 10m and change from FM with -100Khz to USB / LSB then it remains.

If I then tune to another band by entering 14.200 then it is lost however the screen shows it as active when in fact it is not. The TXf = RXf even with it shown otherwise.

This was done by going to 10m 29.300 then clicking FM, '0.1' shift, '-' then TXing, changed mode to USB, retuned to '14.250' by tying in the slice. Then you see that the first attempt without retuning shows the offset but does not TX down by that amount but RXf = TXf. If  you move tuning then it corrects (mouse wheel up 1Khz) and you have the shift back.

73 Steve

• Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Ed,

A better test. 14.250 FM with a repeater shift of -100Khz. TXs on RX freq:

Change to USB

Normal looking simplex TX...

Change back to FM and shows the -100Khz repeater shift as active, however TX is RXf, change the wheel up 1Khz and voilà!

73 Steve
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Steve,

Thanks for the info.  I think we know what this is.  I have written this up in Issue #1860.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.