Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remove SmartSDR CAT from Taskbar

Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Like DAX, SmartSDR CAT already has an icon in systray.  There should be an option to remove it from the Taskbar when minimized.  The Task Manager has such an option - Hide When Minimized.  This would free up valuable space in the Taskbar.  I already have a two line Taskbar and it fills up when running Flex, HRD, and other related programs.  
3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It is that sort of inconsistency which should just not be there in the UI.

If I were to choose between SmartSDR CAT and DAX, I'd say that there is more of a case for the latter to be present on the task bar than the latter. That would be just my personal preference.

I think that the UI needs to be modified to allow the user to modify many more settings than he can at the present.

Nice avatar BTW.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The CAT and DAX program open and close behavior has been made consistent in the upcoming SmartSDR v1.6 release.  The icons will be placed on the task bar in response to the numbers requests to make them easier to access due to the small size in the system tray.  The programs will start in an open state on your desktop.  If you minimize them to the task bar, then the next time they are started, they will start in a minimized state.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hey Tim, you just said v1.6  lol  won't tell anyone, promise.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I certainly did. ;-)
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Was hoping for 1.6 in time for Trick -or- Treat. Instead of a Treat we got Trick!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks. Will there be a way to undo the 'minimise to taskbar' action?

I am still puzzled at how the current state got through QA.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Will there be a way to undo the 'minimise to taskbar' action?

Undo how and minimized to where?  This is how most applications behave when minimized - they go to the task bar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.