Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote operation

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I for one have carried on remote operation for the last three years. I have used the VAC and my WN1 watt meter system to give me remote control to my notebook, Ipad and android phone. I used Skype and team viewer. I have not installed a HF mobil in two years but was able to operate all the way from mississippi to Dayton and back with very minor problems. I would like to have the 6000 series have the remote funtion as one of it comming events. If others agree they can say so. I do not see the option of going through the soundcard with additional wires a option, if iwas going to do that i would just stick with my flex 3000 as the remote. VOTE YES TO TRUE REMOTE OPERATION>
3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I also vote YES, at least get a single user up and going over the internet, Multi user server can come later. Bret WX7Y
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I believe this ranks very high with the 6000 series operation opportunities. The 6000 because of it's (in the box processing) and thin client ability allows remote possibilities that are off the chart of what we can imagine. I know that for start-up the remote abilities would have some limitations probably because of bandwidth issues. This is very important! 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Michael Anderson
    edited April 2014
    Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!

This is why I bought my 6500 because of the promise of true REMOTE operation, for me basic Remote , single user is more than acceptable.

Living in an antenna prohibited condo my 6500 is pretty well useless to me other than for some RX activity.

Let's have true Remote.

Lloyd

VE3ERQ

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

1000% -  YES

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    My understanding is that there will be totally native access by V2.0 including an iPad App... it so, then it would be miles ahead of anything else on the market for remoting.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes for me too...and I don't want to wait another year for 2.0.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You can always look at my thread about remote operations via iPad. Over the past 2 years I have remoted via San Diego from 18 countries.
  • K3ZJ - Dave
    K3ZJ - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes for remote -- everything all in one package so don't have to use Skype, keep a PC in the remote shack, etc.
  • L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Lets get True Remote on the Road Map!!
  • Carl Young
    Carl Young Member
    edited May 2014
    One reason I purchased my Flex-6500.  Building antenna farm now out of town for mostly remote ops.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Obvious this is a priority issue. I hope we see some movement on it in the very near future. Flex has really come across so far. Also I see the 6300 as a great remote option. After all do y ou need 4 slices most of the time and the price point is excellent. Y
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Vote = YES
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'll toss my me-too into this ring as well.  

I've been doing a lot of remote work with just an RDP connection back to a machine close to the 6500.  It works great for digimodes but phone is going to need some help.  I'd love to see a new dax channel for "speaker" output and mic input. The current option of piping a dax channel to the headphone works but leaves all of SmartSDR's audio mixer controls sitting idle.  Having a dax channel with the same audio as is feed to the front panel jack would be a great alternative to skype or RemAud.

What I've read about the ideas for remote operation sound great but also sound like a lot of work.  I can take care of my own IP security and can access my home lan safely and securely from anywhere.  Simply being able to connect to the 6000 series by IP address, rather than by "discovery" only, would meet all my non-audio needs for remote access.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I use remotehams.com for my remote capability. However, you cannot restart the SmartSDR software via this remote. The hardware restarts after a power failure, the software does not.
  • Eric W1NEJ
    Eric W1NEJ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    110% yes, with iPad app, and, no extra cables or PC required.  If it could also work on iPhone that would really be great.

I have my PC and 12 volt power supply on a sine wave UPS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.