Remote Control for 1500 vs. 6700

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I'm very interested in having a remotely controlled HF station. Will the 1500 be capable of an easy way of remoting once the new software is out? Or should I wait on the 6700 upgrade? I'm not so much interested in all the bells & whistles, just the ability to remote operate in an easy and stable manner.
Photo of Michael Anderson

Michael Anderson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3453 Reply Likes
There are no planned software enhancements to PowerSDR (which runs the FLEX-1500) regarding remote access.  PowerSDR has been "remotable" for a very long time using third-party applications such as a PC remote control program (like TeamViewer) and a VoIP program for audio transfer (like Skype) over the Internet.  Here is a HelpDesk article on how to configure TeamViewer for use with PowerSDR.  http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50503.aspx

SmartSDR which runs the FLEX 6000 Signature Series radios does have a planned feature that will make remote access over a local LAN and the Internet possible without the use of third-party applications. At this time we have not put these features on a development roadmap so there isn't a definitive time frame for it's completion, but it is the most often requested new feature.

However, in the mean time, you can operate the FLEX-6000 running SmartSDR remote over the LAN or Internet using the same configuration as PowerSDR with third-party PC remote control and VoIP software. 
(Edited)