Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote won't work

Bob - WD8KND
Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm a newbie, so I'll start off by saying I'm sorry if I'm being ****. I have a 6300 and I'm using a Mac running parallels. I've read numerous times on here that the Mac will work. I've loaded SSDR and it comes up on the screen, just like my PC does, but I don't see a radio. Is there something else that I need to do?
I'm running wireless, and I'm close to my router. I have remote turned on, What am I missing? I desperately want this to work.
Thanks
Bob

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bob,

You Parallels VM must be on the same subnet as your radio.  Try changing the Network settings to "Bridged" and use the default adaptor.

Stu K6TU
  • Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Did you wait long enough?  The radio takes a while to boot up after it is powered on.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you Stu. I now see the radio and can load it on to my Mac laptop. I see the display, waterfall, pan adapter, etc. Everything works, but.......Next question. I can't hear anything. I  read about the DAX, but I'm just fumbling around..
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Speaker plugged into the back? Dax isn't for human ears...
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My speaker is built in, it's a laptop. I went to the sound control for Windows and clicked on listen and connected to speaker. I now have sound, but I can't access my mic. When I highlight the Remote button, it says "Invalid default playback device selected: DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX1 | DAX RECEIVE AUDIO. When I go to pick PC in the MIC window it say (disabled)
    I'm totally lost.

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And Bob...since nobody has said it, no such thing as a **** question. None of us were born knowing any of this.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited December 2016
    Bob, all you should have to do now is to set the Windows default playback and recording sound devices.  Once they are set to the valid devices (your laptop speakers and your built-in mic or external mic), they will no longer be marked as invalid or disabled.

This article has the details on how to do this:
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/203731345-How-To-Set-The-Windows-Default-Playback-Recording-Audio-Device
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    This was very helpful. Thank you.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK....we are up and running. I made a contact with Scotland on 17M. I was using a set of Apple earbuds that comes with an iPhone. He said the audio was pretty good. Now that I know it works, I'll go out and buy a regular headset. Thanks for all the help.

One other question.....does the monitor not work in remote? Mine is grayed out. I have gotten use to monitoring my voice when I transmit. Do I need to turn something else on?

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No monitor on remote. The latency delay would drive you crazy. I have done some remote with my iPad and the earbuds, too, and it works pretty well, especially after you set up your profiles and TX EQ. Ken - NM9P
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Ken

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.