Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote start-up of my 6400

Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a problem with the remote start-up of my 6400. I have a WIFI remote control that already works for the radio's power supply. Now I added another output with a 3.3V power supply (tested that works all) and connected it to the REMOTE POWER ON INPUT port. I have enabled SmartSDR for remote switching. I seem to have done everything ... or not? because it does not work! Do you have any suggestions?
73s Mauro HB9FBG

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Remote on requires example contact closure on the RCA plug . In other words if you Close the contacts on the RCA remote on connector the radio will turn on. Do not apply power to this port. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mack, now I understand. The talk of the 3.3V had diverted me from logic and my English is poor. Thank you again.
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    we use a simple short plug and switch on the power supply by means of AC switch remoted.
    I your case you can use a simple reed relais swichted by the 3.3 volt and then chotting the remote rca port.
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Grazie ancora, quando viene compreso tutto diventa facile. A casa avevo un relè a 12V e un piccolo alimentatore e ho fatto tutto in 15 minuti. Ho provato e tutto funziona. Ho messo le foto quindi se qualcuno ha bisogno di trovare tutte le informazioni ... il relè al momento della fotografia non era ancora definitivo ma almeno vedi i fili. Sono contento del supporto del gruppo ... grazie ancoraimageimage
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Also, if you are wanting to use the Remote ON/OFF don't remove power from the radio (such as using the relay you have controlling its power supply. Once the 6400 has lost DC, it will not turn on from the RCA jack, you'll have to manually push the power switch on front.

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Charlie,

My experience is different on my 6600 and 6700. I turn the DC off every evening and never have to press the front panel power button. Remote ON functions normally after a complete DC power off.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hmmmm.....whenever I've had a power outage, when it comes back on, I have to go to the basement where the rack is, and push the button......
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Don't know about the 6400, but on the 6600M you also have to "enable" the remote on/off from the menu.

• Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This evening we were having dinner with my son, who now lives outside the home, and asked me how the new radio is going. I told him that I am very happy even if compared to the previous "Yaesu, Icom, etc." it seems to me it is very experimental. I said that I found the community to be fantastic where the exchange of information and support is truly horizontal and I still had the proof in this post.
    Thank you all for the support.
    I comment on two messages I found above.
    >I confirm that to "enable" the remote on / off from the menu.
    >With the remote control I can also turn off the power supply and I did this test. I remotely turned everything off and then turned the power supply back on and then the radio and everything worked.
    Good day everyone

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.