Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

remote reset of radio ?

Marc Lalonde
Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi ok did have way to remotely reset 6600 radio to factory default  ?? 

i got few sporadic crash since it start to be hotter temp now  ,noting exaggerated PA of radio is no more of 35 deg  

but now it just dead ,no bandscope or panadapter ,S-meter seem to indicated something even if almost no noise on audio   , have try remote power cycle   and also cycle the  astron RS-35 power outlet but noting to do  ,  it do same on local  or remote PC  and the Mastero 

naturally the PEN is not yet do on that radio ,still wait the part  , just hope heatshink not fall and shot on pcb ..

so i whit to be able to made factory reset for try to restart it 

image image

Answers

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Marc, that is the symptom of needing the new heat sinks. You can tie wrap the old ones on until the new ones arrive if you need to. All heat sinks have shipped to those who requested them by mail.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Thank Gerald

that possible since just start to got first true summer day here 21deg  ;-)  but 35 on the "container"
    i have here stock small heatshink similar to original one but whit time proven adesive to (294-1146-ND)  ,so may try it when i return to the remote site ..

just curious/strange that got that symptom ,i assume it ADC and FPGA Clock go out of sync ?? 
    but usually i use DCO signal for sync data bus capture  ...

p.s. seem your right after all about my RX gain ,not yet do deep test but whit calibrated signal source but make many EME  QSO during Dayton week-end  radio pre-amp off  ,still not got my echo but for now i look for other system component for find cause , so i probably own you a **** ;-)

Best regard 
    VE2PN

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    radio is back  , have improvised a PEN whit heat sinks i have on hand  , 1st have completely fall and second one  hold by a corner ...   , i also see a good reason for put it on backside  , bad glue is hard to remove  ,so better to put bit bigger one on the Back  side

have brigs whit me the FLIR camera but 45deg temperature inside  my remote station **** me
    so i have keep work to stick bare minimum  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.