Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Power On/Off from Maestro

KD4HSO
KD4HSO Member
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Is remote power On/Off from Maestro coming soon?  I hate having to go downstairs to switch the radio On/Off when I'm upstairs with the Maestro.  Yes, first world problems, and no I don't want to rig a wifi  power switch.

Answers

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    The horror
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have no idea to be honest. There may not be a way to turn it on or off with SSDR or the Maestro the more I think of it. If the unit isn't on, then the Maestro can't see the radio. You may find out that there isn't an option or a plan to do so at the moment (I'm just guessing). I use my unit remotely and I have an entire remote control panel for many things, including the 6300. I am often a few hundred km's away. :) I also tend to forget to turn it off for weeks at a time to, so it hasn't been a very big priority for me. Mike
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am aware that you don't want to rig a wifi switch solution. But it really is very easy, and inexpensive. I did it for about $30US. Here is information I posted in another thread about how I did it... Just in case you want to reconsider an interim solution. I just received this from Amazon and had it hooked up and running in 10 minutes. It cost $8.95 with Free shipping (Amazon Prime Member). It has an AC pigtail to plug in and a three terminal panel to wire to N.O. or N.C. contacts. It is slick, and cheaper than I could ever build myself! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017743I7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I am switching it with a NEO Wifi Controlled AC Switch that I also got from Amazon for about $22. Or you can use a WiMo brand switch which is good, but more expensive. Both have iPhone and iPad applications to turn them on & off. Ken - NM9P
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The other thing, as I think of it... if you turn off the radio with the Maestro, there it can't connect to itself to turn itself back on. :) Maybe if there was a WOL feature, but I'm not sure if the hardware even exists to do that on the radio. Personally, I use the Remote RCA connector on the back. Mike va3mw
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

My Icom IC-7850 has a selectable mode at shut down that puts the radio into a "standby" mode so you can wake it up remotely. I'm sure it can be done by Flex. Just a matter of priorities.

Jim

ka7gzr

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

I needed something for switching antenna directions at the remote so purchased a Microbit 1216H Webswitch.  I use 4 of the 5 relays to control receive antenna direction for the BOG antennas and the 5th position is wired to an rca plug and plugged into the back of the 6700 so I can turn it on and off via the Ethernet.  The control app runs on my local PC.   

Not what you probably want to hear.

Regards

Larry  K1UO

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I guess it depends just how much 'off' do you want it. Personally, off to me means removed from Main power source. This is good for power surge protection. Any, anything is trivial if you throw enough money at it. :) The $30 web switch seems like a great choice and then you have it totally removed from all power concerns.
  • KD4HSO
    KD4HSO Member
    edited July 2016
    The 6500 can already be put into standby mode; I.e the supplies are on. I suppose I should try pinging it to see if the Ethernet is still awake.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As the Maestro system sets atop an embedded version of Microsoft Windows, I wonder if the net command "Shutdown" would work. If it does, then it would be SMOP (Small matter of Programming) to add this function to both SmartSDR for Windows and Maestro. You must know the machine's net-bios name for this to work.

Here is the command. It may need to be used with the "Net Use" command to elevate the user to Admin Privileges:

Command Syntax 
    Usage: shutdown [-i | -l | -s | -r | -a] [-f] [-m \computername] [-t xx] [-c "comment"] [-d up:xx:yy]

-i Show the graphical user interface of shutdown window 
    -l To log off from the machine. Make sure that you are not using -l switch with -m switch 
    -s Shutdown the desired computer 
    -r Shutdown and restart the computer 
    -a Abort a system shutdown 
    -m -m\machine name is used for to shutdown/restart/abort remote computer 
    -f Forces running application to close without warning 
    -t -t xx set timeout for shutdown command to xx seconds 
    -c -c"comment" to add shutdown comment, you can add up to max 127 characters

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.