Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote PC Support - pay as you go

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
Hi All

I want to know if anyone has tried AVG Technical support?

https://www.avg.com/en-ww/avg-go-tech-support

I have some friends who have suggested AVG for getting their neighbours and not so close friends :) network configured and have suggested that they give AVG a call.

Has anyone used them?

They quote this and it starts at $79 per call, but they have a bit higher rate for more complex things.

PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, cameras, printers, scanners, game consoles...your home is more complicated than ever. Our highly trained and qualified teams can remotely diagnose and fix anything that's not working and driving you up the wall.
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited June 2019
    I have not used this particular service. However, I would suggest that you avoid all types of phone support for the reason that many are either scams, very expensive, and generally not worth it. It's better to find a knowledgeable and trustworthy friend who is willing to help. Products such as Teamviewer and Anydesk make is easy for friends to remote into your machine and help you.
    My two cents.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I think even more to the point, very few of these "support services" have any idea of the somewhat specialized needs of Flex remote operation. They are mostly geared to getting your printer up and running :-(
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Did a little bit of digging - a number of reviews such as the following:
    Original review: May 2, 2019

I see today that the billing issue I'm having is very common. Go figure. Just like some of the other reviews I cancelled AND uninstalled AVG a week give or take a few days into the free trial and thought nothing more of it. Then today I get an email about an automatic renewal for 49.99. I contact "customer service" the "premium customer service" as they are called (complete waste of time) only for them to tell me they cannot help me, that I must find my original email that has the license/serial number of the product and order number and submit a ticket/cancellation request AGAIN. Not sure what's so premium about a department that could not even help with cancellation.
    Looks like their billing practices are sketchy.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    I here what you are saying, but this is why I mention that it may be true, not in all cases.

I have tried a few of them on a 'test' box with great success including this one.  It went as expected, but then, I already had a solution in my head.

I have used AVG PC Tuneup for years on a subscription basis, and it has worked well and I continue to renew it.

Ted, I found AVG's reply to your comment above and AVG jumped on it to resolve the situation.  And, yes, that was for their AV product.   

I'm trying to find someone who has this specific product support. (not the AV subscription)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.