Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote operation of flex 6300

HELP!! Trying to connect to my new Flex6300 remotely. The Flex installed perfectly without issue I have both Teamviewer and GOTOMYPC running  (both not necessary I realize this) and I can connect to the remote location no problem. My issue is I have NO idea how to get audio to work. I am somewhat tech savvy but have to clue when it comes to Windows audio, esp remote. I made an accessory cable  that I thought would work which connects from the 15pin Acc Port (from the 6300) to my Line IN/OUT of the sound card. (Pin 1,6 (Line IN) to a 1/8" plug AND, Pin 2,3,5 (Line OUT) to a 1/8" plug). These two plugs are into the line OUT/IN of my computer sound card respectively.   I have NO idea what to do beyond that. The more I research the more I get confused. This cannot be that complicated, or am I wrong?? Any advice appreciated - simpler the better.  73s Bob VA2BIG

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You'll have to wait until SSDR 1.4 is launched at the end of January '15.
  • Bob Kelland
    Bob Kelland Member
    edited December 2014
    Okey Dokey and thanks for the info...seems to me remote operation via TCP/IP should be a no-brainer for Flex. I was hoping to not have to dig into the guts of a Windows based PC to simply make a 2-way audio connection to my (new favourite) SDR. I realize many others have done this, often indicate it is easy and it works, Im ok with this - however I am am concerned that I do not have the skills to figure out which levers to pull.  
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I think most people use Skype to make the audio connection.

Jon...kf2e
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Bob
    I run remote all the time using my iPad (Remoted from 20 countries so far)

Here is a link on how to do it
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote_ipad_operation_of_6000_series_using_parallel...

You DO NOT need any external cables.  Audio is via DAX
    You can use teamviewer audio or Skype Audio to DAX as the sound card

• Bob Kelland
    Bob Kelland Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes Ive seen reference to the use of Skype/Teamviwer, but have yet to locate a best practice on how to implement. Ive seen references to a Best Practices idea but as far as I can see it has yet to gain traction. Ive been using Skype for over 10 years for business purposes but not as a remote-audio app. thanks
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Bob

Just set up a second Skype account for your machine and have it autoanswer to only your remote machine..

USE DAX as the sound card.

The illustrations in the link i sent you show you how to do it.. I use Parallels on my iPad but Teamviewer, Logmein and Gotomypc also work... I just happen to prefer Parallels because it is Native on the iPad
  • Bob Kelland
    Bob Kelland Member
    edited December 2014
    Howard/KY6LA - I need to figure out how this is done. Ill give this a shot and report back, thanks SO much. My remote is in VO1 land and Im in VA2 land, Ill give this a shot with my mac laptop first. and report back. 73s

• Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

Bob,ere but not often

I am suing remote right now, Iam in Atlanta,ga at my sons . Using teamviewer and Skype. works great1

Just setup teamview at your qth to wopen with your password like you have it. then just setup Skype on the laptop at the remote. I found that I had to use the Laptops sound card to hear my station at home. Been on cw for about 4 days now.  Working great and no delay. Once in a while I get a glitch from the wi-fi here, and of course my lousy typing (hitting the wrong keys).

Don...w2xb

• Dave -- W7IWW
    Dave -- W7IWW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Am also successfully using TeamViewer and Skype for audio for remote operation.
  • Bob Kelland
    Bob Kelland Member
    edited January 2015
    I managed to get gotomypc/skype working. That being said this is (and other options Ive seen referenced) a kludgy approach to remote operation, especially given the architecture of Flex. Is there any update when Flex will provide a native solution? 
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The current guess is the end of the month. No definite date has been promised. That is for LAN remote, WAN remote will probably be summer.

Jon...kf2e
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    WAN remote (in other words, outside your home) is part of ver 2.0, if i recall. Summer may be too soon. i wonder if anyone has a VPN solution sooner?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.