This was my first foray into remote operation at a different site with a Flex (although I did run a remote station with the RRC/Elecraft combo in the past).
The remote site is some 700km away, but with high speed cable internet available (but, limited cell service). I am using a 6600 and a Digital Loggers web switch all installed in a rack mount. There is a computer at the remote end and I have found it easiest to use Teamviewer to control the web switch and any other peripherals. The only antenna up at the moment is a 80m sloper.
I did have an initial problem connecting with Smartlink. The service which installed the internet service and other electronics swore to me that the Cable modem was in bridge mode (and it appeared that way when I looked at the router). I put out a plea for help to the community and Tim suggested it was likely the modem was not in bridge mode. A call to the Cable company confirmed this and they were able to remotely put the modem in bridge mode which resulted in Smartlink working (through an IQrouter). Even with UpNP enabled I still had to manually forward the ports though.
Testing last night from my home QTH worked very well. The only issue is the Cable service at the remote site. I have high speed at the remote end at am seeing 83 down and 14 up with no buffer bloat which is very good. However, I am at the tail end of the cable service and during peak periods (early evening) the speed drops dramatically (14 down and under a meg up with bloat). As I plan to do mainly low band operation from the remote site this should not be too much of an issue and I have asked the Cable company to look into the service(I am not holding my breath).
Many of you provided suggestions and helpful comments over the weekend. Thank you!