Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote operation and subnets help

Peter Bacon
Peter Bacon Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I have setup a Raspberry Pi SoftEther server on my LAN and I have no problem connecting to it remotely from a WiFi network.  I have also followed the directions to confirm the correct port forwarding in my router.  My home LAN is on 192.168.1.0 to ...255  However I am having a problem connecting to my Flex 6700 using my iPad from a remote WiFi network.  SmartSDR for iOS discovers my radio but I cannot connect to it.  The Wifi network at my remote location is running on the same subnet as the home LAN.  Somebody suggested that I change my home subnet to something different like 192.168.0.0 to ...255, and then it should work correctly.  This is a lot of work as I have a few fixed IPs on the LAN.  Anyone have a similar experience?  Note that running SmartSDR iOS on an iPhone using a mobile network connects correctly.  Thanks Peter G3ZSS

Answers

• spopiela
    spopiela Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I believe that if your remote network has the same base addressing as your home network, VPN will not connect. This will always happen if the router on your remote network is the same brand as you have at home. Check it out, you may only have to change the first entry 192 to 193 and leave all the lower iP addresses alone.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

if you are using Softether you need to make sure that the Local Router is port forwarding the correct ports for L2TP protocol

UDP ports (500, 4500 and 1701) need to be forwarded to the SoftEther Server device IP which in your case is the PI

• Peter Bacon
    Peter Bacon Member
    edited August 2016
    I have confirmed that SmartSDR iOS will not work on a remote WiFi network if the remote network and the home network both use the same subnet.  I have changed the home subnet and all attached devices and now SmartSDR iOS works remotely via WiFi on my iPad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.