Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Flex6600M Reboot Turn-On Problem if my 12V Supply goes off - How to Turn On Remotely ???

mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Remote Flex6600M Reboot  Turn-On Problem if my 12V Supply goes off 

Question 

How to Turn On Remotely ???

Push Green Power On Button Remotely ?? Can not do that Remotely !! 

Does Flex have a way to Turn back On again the the Flex6600M remotely with a
Control Line can turn back on remotely in case I lose 12V on back of radio
due to a power outage - etc ?

Have a Data Loggers Web Power Switch to Turn 12V Supply On & Off but 
Once Flex6600m goes off and I lose 12V and not turn the Flex6600M back
ON again to boot up Flex6600M

73 Mike

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    See page 24 of your 6400/6600 User manual. The "Remote Power On" jack does what you want. Use a Data Loggers relay to short this input to turn on the radio. Open it to turn the radio off.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Craig,
    Great - that solves the problem !!
    Thanks again 
    73 Mike

• Jim
    Jim Member
    edited July 2018
    When opening the relay, does the 6400/6600 go through the "normal" shutdown process or does it simply disconnect power?
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The relay acts just like pressing the power switch. The radio does its normal boot-up and shut-down routines. You need to have 13.8V applied before closing the relay, and keep it on after opening the relay until the radio has shut down.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.