Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Connection issues

Hector W2NPR
Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
Hi Everyone...I am brand new to Flex and I'm having issues with remote connection. I am using an iPad with OS version 9.3.5 and I'm pretty sure I set the ports correctly in the Time Warner router. As I try to get the remote working (off the local LAN of course), I hear a brief interruption in the receive audio and I see a SmartLink indication on screen but no connection is established. I'm not sure what I am not doing so I am here looking for some direction. Thank you in advance and Best 73!

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hector, welcome! Unfortunately SSDR for iOS requires version 10.0 or higher,.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is that the ipad or software version? George
  • Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I was afraid of that. OK I'll have to search for a reasonably priced ipad with ios 10 or higher. Thanks George!
  • Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    9.3.5 is the ipad version. The SSDR version loaded onto it is A1.2.8:0.50
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Maybe an iPhone would be another option?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Hector Welcome to Flex Radio! Nice to see an old friend join the crowd. Hopefully you are still enjoying NC. Shoot me an email with your number and we can test your remote setup to verify the radio and router are set correctly.. I’m good on QRZ. 73 Dave wo2x
  • Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Dave

I am enjoying it here quite a bit. I will send you a message shortly and we can try to figure out what is going on. Chat with you soon. Thanks Dave! 73 de Hector W2NPR
  • Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It would be but the screen is too small to use for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.