Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

REMOTE audio on v1.4 reversed?

Options
EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was doing one of my first videos today with version 1.4 of SmartSDR when I realized that on REMOTE Left and Right channel audio are reversed.

Has anyone else seen (heard) this behavior? 

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    How in the world did you discover that?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am trying to put together Flex videos in Spanish that I can then share through youtube with the spanish speaking ham community. I just finished one where I have 2 panadapters, one in each band and I move the audio so one goes left and the other goes to the right speaker. I am using REMOTE for the audio as allows to get all of the audio of the Flex in one stereo channel in the PC. Making video recording easier.

This is how I found out that the audio is reverse. However, it could be something in my configuration, that is why I am posting it here to see if anyone else can replicate the behavior.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    NEVERMIND -- SOLVED

I think it had to do with the way Camtasia records the video. Once I produced it and I uploaded to Youtube the sound goes to the correct R-L channel.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I was surprised to learn that there is left and right separation on remote. I would have thought it would all be mixed together. That is an interesting bit of info. Thanks for the post.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.