Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

release notes state ATU with manual TUNE capability. How do you do it?

Options
Reggie-k6xr
Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Clicking tune sends a carrier allowing for adjusting your antenna. Most radios have this option instead of assuming you want the ATU to correct it for you. The radio will show you the SWR while it's sending the carrier.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wondered about that too. They must be referring to the "Tune" button to allow you to use your own tuner because I see no controls for setting the internal tuner.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Was confused. I took it to mean the atu in the radio could be manually tuned.....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The ATU does not operate in an automatic mode; tuning when you change frequency beyond the "tuned" range of the current LC combination. You have to manually click on the ATU button to tune it.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Another way to put it, Tim... I assume ATU stands for "Antenna Tuning Unit," not "Automatic Tuner Unit." It is "manually tuned" by pressing the ATU each time it needs tuned, as opposed to "automatically tuned" like my SGC-237 which had a mode to automatically tune any time the SWR goes above a certain internally set figure.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    confusion is because my LDG is an auto tuner but also has the ability for you to manually tune the antenna by pushing buttons on it as stated in it's manual. It is a confusion of terms.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.