Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Release notes for 2.5 do not mention 6300, 6500 or 6700. Has maintenance stopped on these?

Dennis Terry W4SG
Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was reading over the release notes for SmartSDR for Windows version 2.5 and it specifies that it applies on to the latest Flex radios (6400, 6600, etc).  Are all of these fixes only for the later models?  
This leads one to come to the conclusion that my 6300 might be an orphan unless I spend another $200.
Can anyone help clarify this?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    The first line of the Release notes reads:
    "SmartSDR v2.5.0 is a general release intended for use with the FLEX-6400™, FLEX-6400M™,
    FLEX-6600™, FLEX-6600M™, FLEX-6300™, FLEX-6500™, FLEX-6700R™ and FLEX-6700™
    software defined radios which contains new features and software defects introduced
    in previous versions of SmartSDR."
    The 6300, 6500 and 6700 are all clearly listed. If you have licensed v2 for your radio, this "point" upgrade is free. If you are still running v1, then yes, you will have to pay the $199 to upgrade to version 2. This is how it has always been, you have to pay for major version upgrades.

• Dennis Terry W4SG
    Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My apologies as I must have either downloaded the wrong file or had a brain check when reading the latest changelog.   Does anyone know when the actual installer will be available?  My radio is  licensed for V2 and has been since it originally came out.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    cant seem to find these release notes???
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Watch here at the community for the actual release of an installer.

FRS sometimes issues Release Notes ahead of the actual release, which they did this time.

You will see the announcement here when they roll it out.

Steve
    K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.