Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Release notes clarification please.

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The release notes say that one should close any sound cards using DAX and apps using COM ports. Could the same thing be achieved by closing down DAX and SmartCAT before upgrading?

Thanks

Guy

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes. I normally stop CAT and DAX before I upgrade. B
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Howard.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Shutting down DAX and CAT, which the installer does on update, is only one half of the DAX audio conduit.  If your third-part digital mode app is still connected to the other end of the DAX conduit, it can cause a driver update failure.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Okay Tim, thanks for that extra info.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Don't doubt the all knowing oracle (release notes) :-)
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    They injected some ambiguity* which was why I asked for clarification :-). 

*Maybe not to the dev who wrote the documentation, but it did to this end-user, and maybe others.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    RRR
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    First RTFM  now  RTFRN...  ;-)

• Glenn
    Glenn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    AND be sure Windows is updated and computer rebooted BEFORE installing.   I just found out the hard way.   I thought my Windows updates were set to automatic, but they were not.  I found many unsigned certificates in DAX.    After manually getting Windows updates and rebooting, the **** lady is singing!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.