Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Refreshing radio license state, issue

Options
Hello,
I am Maxime talking in the name of my grandfather F6AFU. I am helping him installing SmartSDR v3.xx. (FLEX - 6500)

We successfully installed SMartSDR 3.x wit CAT and DAX, bought the license, and now we are stuck on the next step, after following guide lines and clicking on the refresh button next to the buy button in smartSDR.

It shows us "Refreshing radio license state" but is stuck on it, we already waited up to 20minutes before trying again, by powering off the radio and trying again? But without any success, it is the same and stuck loading with a "Refreshing radio license state" message.

Hope you can help me, thank you!

Maxime and F6AFU from france. 

Answers

• W6RWC
    W6RWC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue.  Additional observations:

- Radio appears in SmartSDR radio selection window.
    - Radio does not show that it is licensed for 3.x ("License Required" shown below radio).
    - Recently purchased 3.x using the "Buy" link.
    - Clicking the refresh symbol results in "Refreshing radio license state..."
    - After a period of time, the radio disappears from the list of selectable radios.
    - Radio is pingable at this point.
    - Radio does not respond to front panel button input (6500) and the power button must be held down to power off the radio.

Radio was previously on 2.x (Exact version unknown as I upgraded it upon connection).
    Radio was updated to v3.1.11.48.  Radio indicates that it is connected to the Internet.
  • AC1JA
    AC1JA Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I am having the same issues...recently upgraded to 3.1.11.x and stuck in the "Refreshing radio license state..." message.
  • W6RWC
    W6RWC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You should open a support ticket.  That's what I did, and Tim got back to me quickly - even on a weekend.  My issue ended up being a disconnect between placing the order and the license being applied to my radio in their licensing system.  They didn't say it, but I think the systems aren't linked, and the license system needs to be updated manually.  There is a delay.

Once they confirmed the license was updated, everything worked.
  • AC1JA
    AC1JA Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks. I did that but apparently missed the 5pm CT cutoff...will wait to hear back.

Nick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.