Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recycle connection

Options
DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there any way to disconnect the radio from SSDR without either turning off the radio or unloading SSDR?

Answers

• Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Just remove the network cable from the radio... You'll get the disconnect message from SSDR.
    73, Cedric
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am hoping that there is a disconnect feature in SSDR that I have missed. I do not like the idea of pulling cables as a way of achieving anything. I once blew a PSU by pulling the power cable and reinserting it without turning the PSU off first.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Guy, what's the goal of doing so? You could disable the network adapter in the Windows control panel, I suppose.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi George,

Sometimes DAX does not work correctly, so I close and restart DAX. Rarely, that does not work and I find closing and reloading SSDR does the trick.

I think, but do not know for sure, that a disconnect button in SSDR that toggled with a connect action could be of some benefit. It would certainly be faster and more convenient than switching off the radio and rebooting it, or closing and reloading SSDR if it could achieve the same thing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Options
    When you shut down all connected client applications and power cycle the radio using the front power button, everything is disconnected.  Do you have SmartSDR loaded on other PCs where multiple copies of CAT and DAX may be running?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi Tim,

No, nothing else running. I just think it would be useful to be able to do the disconnect in SSDR rather than the method that you suggest - viz without unloading software and turning off the radio which seems long-winded. I envisage something like the connect button in SSDR turning into a disconnect button - and then a connect button once disconnected.

There is no issue at all that I am just trying to fix, just puzzled that one has a connect to radio button and no disconnect button in SSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.