Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recording / saving Flex 6700 receive audio using Audacity

WA4FOM
WA4FOM Member ✭✭
I'm sure it's been done before, but can someone provide a *DETAILED* description of how to set up DAX and Audicity to record the received audio from a Flex 6700?  I tried and failed miserably. Thanks and 73, Bob  WA4FOM

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    in Audacity
    Set up for Dax Audio RX1 and set the Dax to channel 1 on the flag Dax setting
    Set Dax Audio TX flex radio
    turn on Dax TX on the Dax control panel to transmit
    Press the Dax button on the right panel under the +ACC
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If you turn Vox on and set right, when you press play in Audacity it will transmit
  • WA4FOM
    WA4FOM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sorry, no joy.  "DAX Audio RX 1" doesn't exist on my setup.
  • WA4FOM
    WA4FOM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    None of the replies have helped so far.  I appear to be missing something.  While I really do appreciate the replies, could someone provide a ****-by-**** description that assumes the idiot (me) has never, ever used DAX before, and only know of Dax as in Jadzia Dax from Star Trek.  Thanks much for your patience.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    We have told you what you need to know. In the Audacity program under the record tab there should be Audio RX1 on the long list.
    on SSDR set DAX1 in the flag.
    You did install Audacity on you SSDR computer?

Are there no RX anything on the list?
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi, it seems, that your DAX device setup is not right. Check the available devices in Windows vs. Audacity. You should see the same devices. Select in your slice the dax channel and check in the dax software, that the channel is active. Then you should be able to map it in Audacity too... If no audio, check input gain... If still no audio, then check your Windows version... Perhaps 1803... Then check other thread with this Windows version. BR Ruediger
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just a few things,
    Did the DAX Drivers get installed correctly and do you have DAX running? 
    check your sound devices and make sure you have a bunch of DAX entries showing up in both Output and Input devices and there is no errors in your audio devices in Device manager. 
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• WA4FOM
    WA4FOM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Despite my obvious severe mental deficiencies, I did manage to get it to work (finally).  I updated from my prehistoric version of Audacity to the latest, which I'm sure had something to do with it.  I selected as the input device "DAX Audio RX 1(FlexRadio Systems) and the line in for my sound card as the output device.  I suspect most of the folks assumed I wanted to feed the recorded audio back into the rig to retransmit it, which, in all fairness, is the usual case.  No.  I just want to save it as an MP3 and listen to it.  With my selection, I was able to immediately replay the recorded audio as desired.
    Thanks to all for your input.  Mission accomplished in spite of the Eye-Dee-Ten-Tee errors on this end.  73, Bob  WA4FOM
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That is good news Bob, and remember you can do other things with it as well, such as recording your own audio to play it back. I use it to record my CQ calling to play over the air,,it really saves the voice cords. As soon as I press play it transmits. Have fun!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.