Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Record on the Fly Not working with N1MM+ and 6600M

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭
Sorry to post this here but tried N1MM list and no answer.

Getting ready for IARU and , for some reason, Recording on the Fly stopped working.  It was working fine for me last week.

Radio is Flex 6600M.  N1MM version is 7190.  Everything looks fine as far as CAT and DAX between the radio and N1MM.

Existing messages work fine.  For example, I have "K0AD" recorded on F4 from previous contest and that works fine.

When I try to record a new CQ message, I do the following:

1) Press SHFT-CTL-F1 and footswitch.

2) Message comes up saying "Recoding Started in CQ.WAV"
3) Speak the CQ message.  Mic Stream in Flex DAX display shows audio.

4) I press ESC when done and a message comes up saying:  "Recording saved in CQ.WAV"

5) When I press F1, no message.  Flex DAX display shows TX is streaming but no audio.

6) N1MM Audio Config seems right.  Message recording set for DAX MIC Audio and Playback set for DAX Audio TX.

Spend a couple hours and just get it can't to work today although it worked last week.
Any idea what I might be overlooking?  Running out of time.

Al, K0AD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.