Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recived My Heat Sink Kit Today

Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I registered when Flex 1st posted a link to receive a kit if your radio was in the update. I didn't contact Flex again and today a package came in the US mail. It was my kit, I installed per directions and everything went well. From a 1-10 in difficulty it was around a 5. BTW my heat sink in my 6400M was ready to fall off it was tilted to one side and very easily to remove. The biggest point of difficulty too me was getting the board plugged back into the motherboard and getting the **** back into the stand off. Plenty of light shinning into the radio for these old eyes was needed.

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Are the 6600's involved with this heat sink retrofit too?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    yes,  the 6600 has two boards and two heat sinks.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Your 6600 is only effected if it shipped before April 12, 2018...(according to the
    FRS email)
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Received my Heat Sink kit today.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    All currently requested kits have shipped as of today.
    Gerald
  • David Holmgren
    David Holmgren Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I just bought my 6400M at Hamvention 2018 and I hope this mod has been performed to it.  Is there some list of affected serial numbers?  David K9RUF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
  • David Holmgren
    David Holmgren Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Tim.  Couldn't find this document.  I kind of thought the mod was done but wanted to make sure.  David K9RUF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    You're welcome!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.