Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Received tracking number this afternoon I think things have shifted into a high gear

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Comments

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Good news Steve.  when did you order your Flex?

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    Arrrgh! I tried to put in more info and got a blank screen.  Flex 6400M deposit October 17, 2017, Invoiced 2-24-2018, paid moments later.  Tracking number received 1521 central time 3-1-2018
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks.  Ordered in mid Jan 14th.  It's getting loser.  My first flex.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    Tracking  number  now says delivery by end of day Tuesday March 6th.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    6400M's must be on a different build schedule since no invoices (6400's I presume) sent on or after  Sept 2.  Oct 17 order and March 6 delivery is very good.  Momentum building, excellent. 

Enjoy!!  Green with envy here.  
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Just a bit of clarification that might help some of you out.  All 4 models (6 actually) come off the line at different rates.  So, if you see someone is getting a radio after when you ordered, you may find out it is a different model radio.  

And, some of you are fibbing on your actual order date.  :)  I know how you are since I have all the data.  LOL

Mike

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    haha

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Swish......
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mike, Its clarification like this that those of us waiting need so we can understand the actual process taking place and not thinking we're forgotten or our order is lost; Or even worse.

Tnx and best 73  Tom W3FRG
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    FlexWatch 2018 --UPS truck out for delivery --The Adventure Continues!!image

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Haha

Stay warm. Snow is tapering off here and starting to melt. Lets hope thats all we get.

Rich
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Now that is a dedicated Flex owner.  stay warm.  It's 65 and raining here on the Gulf coast.

• mike /k6mgk
    mike /k6mgk Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dilly, Dilly. :-)
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Is he still waiting for the brown truck or is he in front of his new flex??  He looks very cold there.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    He lives about an hour north of me. It got up to a balmy 34 yesterday so he should have been fine :)
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This waiting is killing me Rich.  I have it's spot clean out on the desk.  I have 4 microphones with the correct adapters, a 27 inch HDMI monitor.  Even got a headset configured for it.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I can understand your pain!

Hopefully soon :)

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    UPS guy finally showed a little after 1730 Local.  I did not spend the day in the snow.  I did something worse.  I moved my very heavy oak Ham desk out from the wall and rearranged everything and cleaned up the rats nest of cables. In the middle of all that the plumber and a repair guy for the Iron removal system for our well showed up.  After some sleep I finally got everything up and runningabout 0345.  imageimage
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    More photos when it gets a little lighter.  Unpacking photos came out blurry.  Love the radio already.  Still trying to figure out how to hear the DX station in my left ear and the pileup in my right ear.  At the moment I can hear them both in both ears.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Click on the frequency on left slice and drag slider to L and then click on right slice and drag slider to R.

Are you enjoy life in the sticks after your move from the big city of Boone?

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the info, I'm not using a computer, just the radio, I like knobs. But that tells me where to start.  All my computers are Linux or OS-X  We both love it out here.  5.2 acres, nearest neighbor is about a quarter of a mile away.  No antenna restrictions. I am starting my antenna farm, photos on QRZ. 22 new countries on 160m since I finished the Inverted L.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The instructions I gave you were for the radio so no computer.

Are you going to out do N0NI for antenna farm ? :)

Got to love the inverted L for 160.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    Got it.  No N0NI is in another league.  His antennas are so nice.  I was operating there a few years ago during CQWW CW or ARRL I forget which.  I was working EU and AF on 40m as fast I could go for about 3 hours before I noticed that the amp was in standby. 
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not that I want to encourage any wagon jacking, but Rich just an hour away, I'm sure that thought crossed your mind :)  Yep I can imagine the 911 call, a man wearing a snow mask on scooter came and stole my wagon. The officer on duty replies, how old did you say you were?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    LOL. Love it. 

Wonder how fast that wagon can go behind my scooter :)

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    Delighted with the radio.  Slowly getting all the settings figured out.  First two qsos XR0YD and 3C3W.  image
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Looks good Stephen.  Yea the XR0YD and 3C3W boys are hitting it hard. The 3D2EU DXexpedition is out there so you need to add them to your list too.

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    I have the 3D2EU on 17 thru 40 from a few days ago with my old FT-1000MP Mkv Field.  Looking for 80 and 160 next.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Have you hooked the 6400M to your amp.  would be interested in what was needed in the way of cables.  Emailed flex today and they said 2 more months possibly.  They said things had to be pushed back some.  
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2018
    Just to add on to John's comments.

Not all models are delayed some.  6400's are booming off the line while the 6600M, which is more complex is taking longer to get out the door (more build time and more QA time).  

The good news is that we are going flat out on deliveries!

Mike 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.