Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Received Invoice

New Flex user ordered 6600M at Dayton (first 100 orders). Invoice received 16 Jan 18. Trade-in value correct, however, state tax applied to total amount vice after trade-in value. My shipment NET first week in Feb 18.

Bill, N5IR

Answers

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Interesting?

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Bill,
      Flex is in Texas and you are in Texas... So Flex assumes a Texas Tax.....Call them if you think it is not right ...
    73 Mike

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    One drawback of living in Texas.
    Hey you could be in Illinois, it was -1 F this morning.
    I'll trade you Bill.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Well, here in Southern California it's Sunny Sky's, 75deg F and great weather at the Beach here .
      Time to go Surfing !!
    73 Mike
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2019
    If the product ships to an address in the great state (republic) of Texas, we are required to collect state sales tax.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    they are probably like hro and tax the full amount instead of the difference after the trade value like car dealers do in texas.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That's pretty cold Mike, wait, I mean warm...
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm sure that's the way the tax law works.  No company wants to collect sales tax.  They get nothing for doing it, and it's a royal pain in the posterior.  But you Texans are lucky...no state income tax!

• James Whiteway
    edited January 2018
    Nope, I live in Texas and the taxes I paid for my 6600M, were on the difference between the trade in value of my 6500 and Maestro and the cost of the 6600M. So, all things considered, it was a fair deal to me. James WD5GWY
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    As a native Texan, now living in Alabama,  when I think about how I could avoid state Income tax, I get all nostalgic. Still, I am where God wants me. But my heart will always be in Texas, even though my adopted state is a pretty good second choice. Alabama has a state income tax...

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Bill Billingsley
    edited January 2018
    That s not the issue.  TX residents know that they must pay sales tax on items bought in-state. In TX you pay sales tax on the remaining value after "trade-in".  The state gets their sales tax on the "trade-in" item whenever it is resold. 
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Texas has no state income tax, but compared to many other states, Texas has higher property and sales tax rates.  As a result, the net advantage over other states is nil (not to mention tornadoes and hurricanes).
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    worried about taxes? move to Ca....

• spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Agreed: I've lived in San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, a full decade spanning all three locations.  Great people and (mostly) beautiful weather, but cost of living is sky high. 
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    na move to Quebec Canada   TPS 5%  +TVQ 9.975%  + import charge 
  • spinnaker
    spinnaker Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pretty good universal health care, no?
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    yup ,but time to die before see a doctor ;-)  ,so noting perfect 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Beginning of Rant Canada so called Free Healthcare is one of the worst systems I have used. Definitely not free as they have huge taxes. They make You wait forever in the hope you will die first. There is no private alternative to allow you to skip the line. Taxes. However CA has a 13+% income tax, 8.75% Sales Tax, all sorts of gas and environmental taxes but only 1.25% property taxes. Now the property tax rate may seem low but a house in California will cost 3 - 10 times the same house in Texas so in reality property taxes are high too The worst part is that for all the money we pay we get nothing for it. Worst schools with highest paid teachers in the USA — worst roads. - never repaired. Highest poverty rate. Biggest homeless population. No public transport So why do we stay. Fabulous weather year round and all our. Grandkids live here. Plus compared to other countries I have lived in, taxes are still low. End of Rant!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Howard, when you stated "all our. Grandkids live here. ". It reminds me that my wife put the same curse onto me that my mother did to my old man when I spoke of getting the heck out of Illinois, "I'm not going anywhere cause the grandkids are here, you can do what you want BUT I'm not going ANYWHERE!". Sóoo It is what it is wherever you are I have found you're bound to bloom where you're planted....
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have family working in Canada and in several places in Europe., and can confirm Howard’s take on Canadian healthcare. Painfully obvious is the rationing of services. This isn’t the forum for laying out the personal stories, but I can say it is different and not better. What amazes me is how long and complicated it is to get documents and goods to Canada. Even mail. I can mail identical documents packets to rural England, France, Spain and nearby Canadian proveniences, and the Canadian delivery takes four times as long. Crazy! Even more crazy is to do the seemingly simple import/export process. I have one car project that I’m in the fifth month of paperwork games. Doesn’t help that this one has Quebec paperwork that doesn’t even have English on it. Of course the folks here moan about it, even though it matches their guidebooks illustrations for layout. And don’t **** off the Canadian officials along the way. Again I can recite lots of personal stories that end up sounding like a skit from Monty Python when I recount them. Great fishing though! And lots of culture that just doesn’t make it across the border. While different music scene as well (is you have XM Sirius I think you can hear the stations there.). 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The German healthcare system offers private insurance for those who wish to purchase it.  The prices were reasonable, we never waited on services, the doctors and staff were excellent and we paid something like 20 euros when our son was born despite minor complications that required an additional week hospital stay.  Maybe the North Americans should study that system. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Our health care is not perfect, that is true. but one thing our Dr's don't have to do is tell people their loved ones will die because they don't have coverage. My Dr came to Toronto to practice from Boston. He said that he does not make the same money here, but he never has to worry about turning anyone away, that is why he moved here as many other US Dr's have.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.