Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Receive problem

Tony Hateley
Tony Hateley Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can anyone help,the problem I have is when I'm on ssb phone,I can talk with a contact but when I dekey to receive I miss the first word or two as there is a delay until it goes into receive,hope someone understands what I'm saying,and could other a solution.thanks

Comments

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Does it do this when using headphones connected directly to the radio? You haven't described your audio chain, so that is where I would start. Ensure it is a problem inside the radio and not elsewhere.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ... and it will be nice if you share with us your secrets what TRX you using :-)
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Is your VOX turned off? VOX delay could be getting you if it's on.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Can you describe how your computer is wired to the radio?  Is it wired or wireless.  If wireless is it 2.4G or 5G?  

If wired, is there a switch you are wired through (normal operation) or do you have the computer directly LAN connected to the radio.

(But, it sounds like a VOX issue based on what you said--I'm just offering other ideas)

Mike va3mw

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    If you are using the squelch feature found in FRStack, you could possibly experience this.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Check your Radio Setup TX menu.  Do you have any delays programed into the "ENABLED" RCA TX1/2/3 spots or the TX Delay spot.  On my 6500, these delays appear to be on both TX key and TX unkey states .  If you change the numbers you have to leave the page for them to take affect.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Vox is turn off
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Tony, what radio do you have?
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Flex 6500 is connected directly to the computer,the connection is 5g,vox is turned off
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    These are all disabled and tx delay is zero timeout is zero
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Flex6500
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Tony

Sorry, your sentence sounds confusing.  Is the computer directly connected to the radio or are you using 5G Wifi?  Or, is it that you are LAN connected to the radio and the 5G is for your internet connections.

Mike
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Smart arse,it's a flex forum,so it's a flex 6500
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    My microphone is connected to the balanced connection on the rear of flex6500
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    K0eoo can't send a comment to you for some unknown reason
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    It's a flex 6500,and the microphone is connected to the balanced connection on the rear of flex
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    The radio is connected to computer by lan cable,computer connects to modem wirelessly
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    headphones headphones headphones headphones
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    You need to determine the nature of your issue. 

Is the radio transitioning from TX to RX instantly when releasing PTT?  You can tell by the TX indicator in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

If not, then you have a PTT issue to resolve.  If so, then you have an audio recovery issue to resolve.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    You might consider rebooting the radio to be sure the radio is set to factory settings.
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Well, I suppose it could have been a Heathkit DX 40.   HI HI 
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Have not got any
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Checked that Tim goes to receive as soon as I release ptt,tried a recording and i hear a 2 second delay before it goes into receive.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2017
    That really should be a last resort action.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2017
    What are your AGC settings? 
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Also check the Noise Blanker -- at high settings, it has a fairly long recovery time after TX. With slow AGC and high NB, I think this could act like your problem.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

Hi Tony

A quick question - if you key the transmitter but have set the TX output power down to nearly zero, do you get the same 2 second delay reverting to RX as you do in a QSO at full power?

Would be a useful way to eliminate RF-in-the-Shack from possible causes of your delay.

Please advise and 73

Steve K9ZW

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2017
    Agc set at zero
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

That is a different setting Tony (see now your are working with Tim in the same thread)  -  I was wondering if it was worth it to try setting the RF power out to zero.

You will not get any RF output when you key the radio with your microphone, but all the other transition between RX to TX and back to RX should take place.

My thought was to eliminate the RF signal getting into something like your router or computer from the equation, but still make the radio go through the paces.

Steve K9ZW

• Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2017
    Tony - An AGC-T of 0 is probably your problem.  You need to set the AGC-T so the gain is at at the "knee" of the AGC curve.  Zero is WAY too low for any band condition.  Review Section 11.1 in the SmartSDR Software User's Guide on how to set it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.