Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Receive only antenna on 6400

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
Can I run a receive only antenna on my 6400 along with my transmit antenna (

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can feed a RX only antenna into the XVTR port and select that as the receive antenna.

BTW, I have actually made local contacts by connecting my Log Periodic to the XVTR on my 6500.  I was S5-S9 two miles away on 10 meters!  That's milliwatting it -- about 31 mW output.
  • Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The Flex 6400 has a receive antenna jack. I am using Wellbrook loop as a receive antenna with my 6400. It's very easy to select with the Maestro.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I do this when using Diversity Reception with a pair of BOSE Noise Canceling earphones.. Carolina Windom antenna for TX on Antenna One, and several receive only antennas on RX1 or RX2,,, I was trying to pull out a ZS5 from South Africa.. He was hearing me with 400 Watts TX1 but I could not hear him that good...

Went to Diversity, used my 60' X 60' "V" shaped horizontal antenna with the V facing South West,, WOW, he went from a 3 X 3 to a solid 4 X 6... Sometimes using my PIXEL Loop gives great results as well...

Just discovered my new QST magazine arrived on Friday, but the wife set it in a place that I do not look, so will go on line so I can watch the Video that is part of the article...

Today being MLK day , have the day off so hope to continue cleaning up the newly designed shack.. Hope to post a picture when it is all done... Have a great day folks... 
    Robert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.