Don

• 55 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4070 Posts
  • 1267 Reply Likes
You can feed a RX only antenna into the XVTR port and select that as the receive antenna.

BTW, I have actually made local contacts by connecting my Log Periodic to the XVTR on my 6500.  I was S5-S9 two miles away on 10 meters!  That's milliwatting it -- about 31 mW output.
Photo of Phil N3ZP

Phil N3ZP

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The Flex 6400 has a receive antenna jack. I am using Wellbrook loop as a receive antenna with my 6400. It's very easy to select with the Maestro.
Photo of Robert Lonn

Robert Lonn

• 304 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
I do this when using Diversity Reception with a pair of BOSE Noise Canceling earphones.. Carolina Windom antenna for TX on Antenna One, and several receive only antennas on RX1 or RX2,,, I was trying to pull out a ZS5 from South Africa.. He was hearing me with 400 Watts TX1 but I could not hear him that good...

Went to Diversity, used my 60' X 60' "V" shaped horizontal antenna with the V facing South West,, WOW, he went from a 3 X 3 to a solid 4 X 6... Sometimes using my PIXEL Loop gives great results as well...

Just discovered my new QST magazine arrived on Friday, but the wife set it in a place that I do not look, so will go on line so I can watch the Video that is part of the article...

Today being MLK day , have the day off so hope to continue cleaning up the newly designed shack.. Hope to post a picture when it is all done... Have a great day folks... 
Robert