Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

receive equalizer

Options

Setting of EQ for Receive, Gang am I Doing something wrong, I set the Receiver Equalizer to my likes, but every time I go back to it, it goes back to reset with no enhance, VIce the Transmit

Side is always preset any ideas.. 

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RX Equalizer settings are saved in the Global profile.  After making the changes, save the global profile you are using.  The make sure that is the profile being recalled when you start up the radio.

For completeness, TX EQ settings are saved in the Mic profiles
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    RX EQ persistence is somewhat of a mystery to me at present.
    Sometimes it remembers where I had it set, sometimes it seems to reset to something from before.

It seems to depend upon how I change frequencies - i.e. with band button, direct entry, memory selection, clicking from a logger's cluster app, etc.  

I have previously submitted a request for either:
    1) RX EQ to be persistant and linked to the mode selection. or
    2) For the RX EQ button to function like a band-stacking button which cycles through 2 to 4 different RX EQ setings, changing with each click of the button.  

That way I could have one setting for SSB and another for CW without the need to adjust 7-8 sliders every time I change modes.  (This is my greatest frustration in SSDR at present...so if this nit is the biggest, it is an indication of the overall excellence of SSDR!)

I believe that this issue is on the radar, but with a lot of more pressing issues and enhancements, (WAN Remote, taming the Winkeyer emulation, hardware interfacing, etc) it is not yet a "front burner" project.  I am confident that they will get to this eventually.

Ken - NM9P
  • Ed Rod kk4x
    Ed Rod kk4x Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks for sharing your experience, Tim where you aware of Ken;s Findings?

Ed kk4x

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Persistence, profiles, memories and how you change the frequency of a slice are all inter-related.  It is possible that there is some weirdness happening when the radio state is changed.  Without having it characterized so that there is a reproducible pattern, entering a defect for this would not get it prioritized high enough to allocate any resources to investigate.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Once I can trace down a pattern I will file a better report.  So far, I haven't been able to sort it out with any specificity.  

At present, I am just occasionally baffled with "WHEN did THAT change?"  because I don't ALWAYS use RX EQ...only when I need it.  But when I go to turn it on, I find that at sometime in the past hour or three of operation, bouncing about the bands and modes, SOMETHING changed it since the last time I used it.....it is kind of amusing, actually, in a nerdy kind of way.  (Or perhaps, age and stress are catching up with me and I am simply forgetting how I had it set the last time?)  (;>P)  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.