Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Receive antenna locked in loop mode on 80M only on my 6700

Jay  K8CJY
Jay K8CJY Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

My 6700 woke up this morning with a new problem. On 80M only, the receive antenna is locked in loop mode. I can select between loop A or loop B but can not select Ant 1 or 2 for receiving. The radio is running v1.9.13.23. I tried rebooting the radio but it always comes back in the same configuration.

Update:  The problem now is on any band once a loop receive antenna has been selected.  Also, the problem is only on my PC based implementation of SmartSDR. All is well when I am running the 6700 from my Maestro.

Any idea how to solve?

Comments

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What happens if you reset (not reboot) the 6700 ?
    Be sure and back up your profiles first.

Lee
  • Jay  K8CJY
    Jay K8CJY Member
    edited October 2016
    I have never reset the radio. How is that done?
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    First got into Profile Manager and export your profiles so you can restore your settings.
    The hold down the power button until the button changes color. I forgot what color it is but it takes about 10 seconds and then this will restore the default settings to the radio.

Lee
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Slightly different procedure for the 6700:

For the FLEX-6700/FLEX-6500/FLEX-6700R, while pressing and holding the OK button on the front of the radio momentarily press and release the radio’s power button. You will see a radio console
    message that says “Reverting to factory settings” and a countdown timer starting at 5. Keep pressing
    the OK button until the display counts down to 0 and the Calibrating message is displayed and the
    LED changes color. For the FLEX-6300, simply hold the Power button while powering on for 5 seconds until the LED changes color.  

By the way, this came from section 33.3 of the SMARTSDR Software User Guide.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.