Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RadioSport RS60cf settings?

Steve - K6SRS
Steve - K6SRS Member ✭✭
My 6500 using current SSDR software shows no equalization settings for the RadioSport RS60CF headset.  I only see DX or WIDE M207,M208 and M350 models. 
Are any of these equivalent? 
If not, recommended settings?
Update - Ah, I see I have to know which microphone is used in the RS60.  How do I determine that?  I know it was set up for a FLEX 6500.

Answers

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you have your original invoice? And or original order?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Steve, either way, after you find out and you find the right profile, don't stay with that. those profiles are meant as a staring point. Now you need to make EQ setting for your voice.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It’s either dynamic (no bias) or electret (needs bias).  Try it with bias off.  If it works, it’s the dynamic cartridge.
  • Steve - K6SRS
    Steve - K6SRS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I wish
  • ChrisCC
    ChrisCC Member
    I just bought the same headphones and my invoice says electret. So I guess it needs bias. I sure would appreciate suggestions on all the other million settings related to how the microphone operates
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Chris, Ken Wells, NM9P put together a really good set of videos on YouTube. He describes how to set the SmartSDR controls using Full Duplex (FDX). You get a visual as well as an audible sense of what the settings are doing to your audio. I usually record as I go because I can't talk and listen to myself at the same time. Do a search on YouTube for NM9P and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how informative the videos are.

• ChrisCC
    ChrisCC Member
    I saw that video once before I got my radio. I need to go back and look again. Now you have given me his call and name I can find it again.
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.