Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radiosport Headsets now being offered in the Flex Radio Store

2»

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    They look really nice. But I have a hard time unpinching my wallet to spend almost $300 for a headset/boom mike. ..... But then I never thought I would spend over $100 for a Mike, $99 for Bose speakers, $99 for Sony broadcast headphones, or $4600 for a rig.... Not to mention my tower and antenna! I guess i need to add another item to my Christmas list for next year....
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

@Ken - these Radiosport headsets are "Life Tool Grade" purchases.  And afraid we are in the world where good products cost what seems to be a fair bit of cash, but junk costs more in the long run....

@Burt -Trubba not” about the unintentional Orwellianism in naming (expect you may have ready Hoban's "Riddley Walker" along the way?) as the headsets are simple ace!

Steve

K9ZW

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Arlan Communications says the M360 is the "mic of choice" for AM and we'll have to wait and see if Flex decides to carry the M360 as well.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just for information, and to help me evaluate maintenance cost:
    How much are replacement ear cover pads?
    How much is a replacement cable?

Ken - NM9P
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dan
    Here's your requested photo.
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Jay .. I was thinking a silkscreen on the headset, but that is perfect!

dan
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Replacement parts are listed in the online shopping cart on our site here.  Note that some of the items are on the second page of the cart.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dan
    I suspect the logo might be difficult to see when the headsets in use. A mirrored ceiling might help. Anyone know how to ground a mirror tile? We might be able to improve our noise floors with a mirror tile Faraday cage. Think of it, Everywhere you look, well, there you are.image
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    @Ken

Radiosports are not the usual low quality you get with Heil

We were constantly repairing Heil'safter each contest season Mine have been in continuous use for several years. No failures of cables or ear pad covers.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    They look like aviation quality headsets. I will have to look at them up close.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    And the radiosport docs are also on our web site too.

About Radiosport Close-Talk Mics
    Changing Flex-Boom Mic Elements
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That and then some. Everyday pro-wear. What I'd call "Life Tool" quality. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    The whole setup looks expensive:)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    For quick change of the elements you do not use the two long screws. Only the two small set screws. When experimenting with elements I usually do not tighten anything. I leave the foam cover on the elements and just pop a new one in. Takes less than 15secinds.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Barry - check out the Online store.  We do carry the M360
    http://cart.flexradio.com/Radiosport-M360-Full-Range-Condenser-Mic-Element_p_959.html
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BTW. It's a good idea to buy a separate windsock($7.00) for each,mike element you own so you do not need to waste time and energy trying to change wind socks when you change elements.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mni tnx Steve.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.