Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radiosport Headphones connection

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Maestro
I ordered 6600+Maestro last week and wonder about adapter cable for Radiosport RS60CF. What are advantage/disadvantage to connect Headphoes to Maestro or radio? Based on that decision it seems like I need a different cable/adapter.
Thanks,
Sergey KN7K 

Answers

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have a RS60CF headset I am using with my Flex-6700. When I ordered it I told RadioSport what radio I had and they sent the appropriate cable, which was the usual phono style plug and the round 8 pin type connector. 

The cable plugs into the headset, and they ship them with all different types, so you have to specify which cable you want when you order, but it is pretty easy and RadioSport has great customer service. I highly recommend calling them or sending an email.

Also, I've had mine for years and still love it. Super comfortable and blocks out other sound in the area very well. I eventually wore out the cloth covers for the ear pieces, and I called RadioSport and they shipped me a set of replacements the next day for a very reasonable price (I think it was like $7 or so).

Good luck!

Justin
    KL2D
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Justin,
    I did talk to Customer Service, they told me that I can order either cable. But, I am particulary interested to know what is the benefit to connect headphones to radio or Maestro. Both Radio and Maestro require different cables or adapters.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I purchased the RadioSport Wide M360 / EM56 headset microphone). I purchased a cable for the 6600; CS6 -FLX-PTT ( headset to radio cable) For the Maestro I purchased the CS6-MAE Cable ( headset to radio cable).
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I gues cables for Maestro needed if you plan to take Maestro on the road. If you use Maestro stationary either cable (radio or Maestro) should be ok, right?

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The benefit is Flex gets to sell another cable from the inventory stock which helps fund future software updates :-)
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If you keep Maestro at Radio think best to plug into radio as that is best for cw sidetone but if you have Maestro away form 6600 you will need two different cables and right angle connectors for Maestro nice and neat.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well, after considering my options and talked to today to Sales again, decided to get
    http://cart.flexradio.com/Radiosport-Headset-cable-for-Maestro_p_978.html

There are other few options available for radio or for Maestro.
    I went with this one, because 90 degree connectors - easier on cables and Maestro placement. Also per Flex Sales connection to Maestro adds about 10ms to the timing, so it should not be noticable. In case Radio set a little furher from the desk I will not be limited by cable when connected to maestro.
    Thanks everyone why replied.
    Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.