Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RadioSport head set won't PTT my 6300

David (AA9G)
David (AA9G) Member
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,

When I had a 5000 I bought a Radio Sport head set/boom w M207mic for it and it worked FB.  Have now a 6300 and the pinout's are the same but my headset PTT will not key the radio. Any ideas on this?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Seems like to me it's a job for an ohmmeter and a jumper. Put a jumper across the pins of the PTT and see if the radio keys. Then put an ohmmeter across the connector on the headset and see if the PTT pins match.

Jim, K6QE

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I love analog electronics.  :)  Also, check the RCA jack of PTT in the back and make sure that keys the radio.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If you are plugged into the 8-pin "Foster" connector on the front panel, unplug and re-insert the plug, watching for the position of the plug. The jack is physically a bit loose to allow easy connection, but the plug can, in some cases by inserted with the nothch in the wrong position. Did that a while ago...
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    ohh yeah - been there!!!! that causes all sorts of weird results !
  • David (AA9G)
    David (AA9G) Member
    edited January 2016
    Can someone be a bit more specific about using the jumpers please?  I checked the RCA, it keys the radio. But I'm not sure what the second pin should be. The PTT and ????
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ground.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Can you put an Ohmmeter across pins 5 and 6 of your headset and see if you get a short when you depress the PTT?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.