Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radiosport and Flex

Options
Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
So after working the ARRL SSB contest this weekend I am wishing I had a mic on my Radio Sport headphones :)  So thinking about purchasing a set.

Was wondering about the cable options. Confused by what Flex is offering here. Picture from the Flex Store.  Headphone and powered speakers jacks? 

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The picture is wrong. You would use the "phones" and "mic" jacks. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks Joe and thanks for the Sweepstakes contact yesterday.  Which by the way I hosed up.  I made about 140 contacts yesterday and at 3pm local I realized N1MM was not reading frequency data from the Flex. So lost those! Grrrr.

I was at a loss what Flex was trying to do in the above picture. Yea mic would work great as I am using the balanced input for mic on boom.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the contact Rich! 

I think you can submit your log with 140 contacts included if they were on the same band.  I don't think it matters if the actual frequencies are recorded as long as you worked the stations on the same band. 

I use the Heil Pro 7 headset with the "contest" mic.  Sounds like nails on a chalk board but great for cutting through pile ups !
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Well in my case I was hoping for LOTW confirmations as I have not logged much phone. I have DXCC and WAS for digital and CW but really never logged phone except my paper logs from 30 years ago. 

And I jumped from 80 to 40 to 20 to 15 and back a couple times so I honestly have no clue even what band I was on. Just have times and full exchange.

I should have restarted N1MM in the morning and didn't.

Oh well.

Thanks for response.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.