Radiosport and Flex

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
So after working the ARRL SSB contest this weekend I am wishing I had a mic on my Radio Sport headphones :)  So thinking about purchasing a set.

Was wondering about the cable options. Confused by what Flex is offering here. Picture from the Flex Store.  Headphone and powered speakers jacks? 
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1147 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 496 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
The picture is wrong. You would use the "phones" and "mic" jacks. 
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1147 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Thanks Joe and thanks for the Sweepstakes contact yesterday.  Which by the way I hosed up.  I made about 140 contacts yesterday and at 3pm local I realized N1MM was not reading frequency data from the Flex. So lost those! Grrrr.

I was at a loss what Flex was trying to do in the above picture. Yea mic would work great as I am using the balanced input for mic on boom.
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 496 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Thanks for the contact Rich! 

I think you can submit your log with 140 contacts included if they were on the same band.  I don't think it matters if the actual frequencies are recorded as long as you worked the stations on the same band. 

I use the Heil Pro 7 headset with the "contest" mic.  Sounds like nails on a chalk board but great for cutting through pile ups !
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1147 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Well in my case I was hoping for LOTW confirmations as I have not logged much phone. I have DXCC and WAS for digital and CW but really never logged phone except my paper logs from 30 years ago. 

And I jumped from 80 to 40 to 20 to 15 and back a couple times so I honestly have no clue even what band I was on. Just have times and full exchange.

I should have restarted N1MM in the morning and didn't.

Oh well.

Thanks for response.