Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RadioCom 6

By chance I found RadioCom 6 here: http://www.bonito.net/

While listing compatible hardware, the author(s) explicitly mention
Flex radios as NOT being supported .. by choice (yours) :-(

May I ask why you selected that stance ?

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Cant understand what is your question? If Bonito not full fill your wishes ask Bonito why . Flex offer at lot of help to programmers. Check download area from Flex!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Michael, here is the eHam review:
    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4610
    This software uses a dongle(!) to connect to your radio, well anyway, it's
    a hardware protection against copyright infringement (who would like
    to copy it, I wonder) and - to cap it - i'ts RS232 serial (!). You have to use
    a converter... now thats fine, it'll work until you put out HF ;-)
    A good example of good looking software, that is quite expensive,
    and which can easily be replaced by free software.
    Alex-DH2ID
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have played with the radcomm software a couple of years ago trying to help a local ham set it up on his IC-7700. Basically it seemed to me to be a pathetic attempt to make a Legacy Radio. pretend to be an SDR. It was a horror show to get setup, although after a couple of days of trial and error it sort of worked. Bottom line it did not perform particularly well so the ham tried to get a refund...he did not get one. The good news is that he bought a 6700 and now has a real SDR. The answer to your question is that it's not Flex's responsibility to interface third party software packages. That responsibility belongs entirely to Bonito Software The likely reason they have not provided a Flex interface is that I doubt that anyone would buy it especially given the 1.4 out of 5 eHam rating and the fact that it is really designed to be used with 1980's Legacy Technology Radios NOT modern Ethernet SDR.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    If you actually scroll down the list of "News" you find: "But unfortunately Flexradio U.S.A. doesn't want to support any commercial Projects and therefore they don't want to supply an device for testing."

They can't get a freebie from Flex!

Aww, too bad.

Somehow, everybody else figures it out.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Did anybody else see that the web page in question was last updated in 2009?

My $0.02

Mike
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    I looked through my email and I have no requests from Bonito.  This is the first I've heard of them.  We have seen other software vendors not contact us and just go learn and use the API since it is published and open.  So our help is not, strictly, a requirement.  As Chris mentions, today we are able to, and do, answer all requests from developers working with our radios.  Independent of the fact that I'm not aware of an inquiry from them, it seems a little passive-agressive and unprofessional to post a "vendor won't support us" message on their webpage.

Just read Bob Craig's post.  Yes this was my suspicion -- that they called and asked for a free radio and I'd just not heard about it.  We do get lots of these requests and many are from companies we've never heard of.  We vet all of these requests carefully and discuss the expected ROI from investing in other companies.  We do supply radios to other companies on a regular basis for this purpose.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    It seems like putting this software on a Flex would be like pulling a landscape trailer with a Ferrari.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.