Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio profiles

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Since the radio's persistence is now basically a snapshot of the radio I thought how excellent it would be to have radio profiles that can be recalled. For example, let's say I want to set 4 pan adapters without slices centered where I want them and Dax iq channels selected and Dax cp set accordingly then another pan adapter open with one slice on one of the bands covered by one of the other panadapters, I can set this up then save it to a profile name I create. Or..... I set up two panadapters each with a slice set as desired and save that as another profile. Remember, these are snap shots so recalling a profile would set all the panadapters, slices, modes, Dax settings, just as you had left it. If you want to you can click a button to update the profile when closing ssdr. I can set as many profiles as will fit on the computer. This way depending on what operating I want to do all I have to do is select that profile before clicking connect. The profiles should be able to be stored outside of SSDR and a menu of available profiles be listed on one of the settings tabs. If one is not selected then the last profile would be used. Having them outside ssdr would let you save all your profiles on a storage device on your LAN or maybe on cloud storage. Waddy a think? 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I like it.  With more RX'es, there's more to set up for a session, and your automation idea sounds pretty cool.
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    i would like to see the ability to store settings by frequency and or mode like we were able to do with PowerSDR; it was nice being able to click on the memory for the frequency i use for our section level SSB net then when that was over i could click on the memory location for 20-meter JT65 and all settings would come up correctly set. however, the 6500 is such a great radio i can live without this capability. it took several years to get PowerSDR from where it was in 2009 when i bought the 5K to where it was when i sold the 5K to buy the 6500. Great job Flex, 73
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Greg,

What a great idea. 

I am battling a battle here.  I run multiple programs and at this advanced age, I forget where and how I set it up. Your suggestion would solve my problem. 

Thank you

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Profiles are on the ROADMAP
  • Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    i was just putting my .02 worth in; it's not going to deter for one second the fun i'm having with the 6500. have a great day 73
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can do this to a degree with K6TU's iPad utility. But I would love to be able to save and restore from my desktop, and even saving them to a file offsite is even better.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.