Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio crashed again

Options
Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Some notes during the Salmon Run QSO Party.... No crashes at all until Sunday. I went and started a run on 10M and during a CQ the SSDR crashed while still in transmit (radio LED was RED). Had to shut everything down, pull the power, wait a minute and restart everything. Got back on and it happened again. I repeated the shutdown process again and then got back on till the end of the contest. By the time I got back on the opening had closed. Still something funny about the side tone in CW. First, the side tone really really needs a dedicated level control like any other radio. To compensate I turn the headphones audio down and the slice audio up. Doing this however seems to distort the side tone. With the break in set for around 300ms I am still hearing some kind of artifacts between elements. This made for very tiresome listening for an extended period of time. I was using N1MM for the contest. When I swapped VFOs the slices would swap on the two panadapters I had opened but the panadapters stayed tuned to where they were...therefore the two slices for A and B were off to the side. Double clicking on them to bring them to focus did nothing. I had to close the second panadapter. If this behavior does not change this will never be a good radio for contesting. A suggestion would be to have a contest mode. This way there can be two panadapters open one for slice A and one for slice B. VFO swaps done by external software should swap the slices AND the tuning of the panadapters. Any other panadapters open would be left up to the operator. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have had periodic crashes due to RF around the shack, getting into the computer. I think I have solved this by grounding the antenna tuner and the 6700 to a common RF ground that goes to a good earth ground. I also put ferrite, split, cores on cables going to/from the 6700, to/from the computer, and to/from my router. Since doing that, I have not seen any crashes.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't think this is RF related. My antennas are about 120ft from the shack. Everything is properly grounded; and the second time this happened was during RX, not TX. 73 Greg
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I will speak to your contesting comment. YES we need SSDR to work better with logging program such as DX4WIN and N1MM. Using DX4WIN I have to step around land mines constantly to keep SSDR/6500 from crashing. I have reported many times in the past but NO responses yet. My 5000A works flawlessly with DX4WIN. I can only hope this will be the same with Flex-6000. I would appreciate a comment from Flex on this subject?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.