Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio will not TX RTTY above 10.145

Trevor-EI2GLB
Trevor-EI2GLB Member
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
So trying to work a new slot on 30m RTTTY and my Flex 6500 will not TX RTTY above 10.145

It will do CW up to the band edge,

Why will it not allow me to TX RTTY,

The Flex band edges are too tight can we not be given some wiggle room,

after spending such a large amount of money of a radio I should be able to TX where I want within reason,

I am very unhappy about this as I have no way to work this DX station due to a silly policy on Flexs behalf,

Trevor
EI2GLB

Comments

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I experienced the same problem not long ago with my 6500 on 1.11 SSDR.....
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited January 2018
    If you narrow your TX bandwidth down to keep the highest possible frequency in band it might help. I found that problem on 60 metres sometime.
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    It's RTTY bw is set
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited January 2018
    There is still a setting in the PHNE panel with a High Cut setting that cannot be allowed out of band. I had the problem with WSPR . Just remember having to tweak that back.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is amazing... This guy does not understand rules and regulations or how to operating his ra dio,instead he blames Flex!
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    What mode do you have selected in SmartSDR to operate RTTY? DIGU?  If so, that is your problem. The radio will not transmit if th eVFO frequebcy plus the TX filter bandwidth is beyond the band edge.  So, if your TX bandwidth is 3 kHz then TX will be inhibited for any VFO setting above 10.147 MHz.

Select RTTY as your mode in SmartSDR.  In RTTY mode, the VFO frequency readout is your mark frequency (AF=2295Hz) and you can transmit right up to the band edge.

I am using FLDigi, and can transmit with the VFO set to 10.150 MHz.

-- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I am seeing this issue. You should open a help desk ticket because this doesn't seem like correct behavior.

RTTY mode is default 400Hz bandwidth and it should not inhibit transmission so far down from the band edge.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I run MMTTY in RTTY mode, myself.  I don't use DIGIx modes (yet.)  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I always recommend the use of the RTTY mode for RTTY. DIGU will also work but RTTY has everything setup. That said, the workaround for this for the time being may be to use DIGU. 
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited November 2019
    Not sure of other brand radios operate in a carrier + filter mode near band edges or not. Trevor should be in RTTY mode, not DIGU as was pointed out. A quick workaround might be to operate DIGL and reverse the tones. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    What's amazing is your attitude go troll eleswhere please I know my rules
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm in RTTY mode
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't have anyway of running AFSK easily I use FSK through N1MM+ I've missed the DX now but for 3Y a fix will need to be found as they will have pileups right to the band edges on most bands Thanks Trevor
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My older IC756ProIII will let me transmit on 10.149.9 USB with 3kHz bandwidth. The way Flex does it I actually don't mind.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    How do you do FSK? 
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    Through N1MM+ and MMTTY ???
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I thought that Flex-6000 doesn't support FSK, only AFSK. How does MMTTY do FSK?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    I have entered this report as defect #5834
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I use RTTY and MMtty with the 6300 and can xmit rtty up to 10.150 with no problem.   Bandwidths I have here is 1910 to 2510 Hz.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    The issue is with TUNE
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I thought he indicated rtty while working someone, see the problem when using Tune. 
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm unsure Ria I am at work so can't access my pc currently, I have made many RTTY contacts using RTTY mode with no issues and I have FSK selected in the n1mm+ setup
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    Sorry I'm currently in work so my replies have to be short. If I select RTTY mode I can not tx above 10.145 no matter how I key the rig be it tune mox or through N1MM+ Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi Tim how long roughly till we see a fix for this? Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    The defect was just entered.  It will have to be discussed, scoped and prioritized and that happens once a week on Mondays in our defect review meeting. Our current engineering focus has allocated all resources towards getting the new radios and PGXL released.   So in my estimation, the best case scenario would be in SmartSDR v2.2 or a v2.1 maintenance release if it is prioritized as major. 
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited January 2018
    Ok Tim thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.