Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio TX profiles not saved after power down/up

Options
Rick - W5FCX
Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
Running SmartSDR 3.1.7 and my radio transmit profiles are not being saved. 

I have an amplifier that requires specific TX profile settings, which I have configured three different times now. Each time I configure it, everything works perfectly. And I save those profiles as both Global profile and each time use Create transmit profile and the new TX profile shows up. It also shows up in the Radio configuration dialog (pulldown menu), where I can select it.

Then, I power the radio off and back on. All TX profiles are now gone and everything is back to Default TX profile.

What am I doing wrong?

Rick

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Create mic and TX profiles then select the TX and Mic profiles on the control panel.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yes, that works. After radio power down and back on those profiles do not persist. Are they supposed to? Is it a bug or what?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    might be a bug in 3.1.7 try the 3.1.8.
    17 wasn't out very long before they went to 18
    also you may want to EXPORT your profiles which ca save your settings to the desk top
    hope this helps
  • Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Rick, if you own a 6400/6600/M and are holding the power button down until it turns white (that takes several seconds), you are performing a factory reset and this behavior is expected.  If you own another radio or are not doing that please submit a helpdesk request. I haven't heard of this behavior in any of our radios running 3.1.x, they can help sort out what is going on. 

Dan, N7HQ
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Okay. I’m powering the 6300 radio down remotely via web power switch to 12 VDC supply. Will try latest version then open ticket if issue persists.
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have a 6600 and it does that same thing , I opened a service ticket a few months ago and Flex sent me a SD memory card , have tried more then one card over time . I am still having the issue, tried a lot of different ways to save transmit profile , but only thing that works is to leave Flex power up all the time. Ray WB0HHM
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Forgot to say I am running 3.1.8 Ray WB0HHM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This is the wrong way to shut down the radio.  By just turning off the power, the database does not have an opportunity to save the profiles.  Use the REM ON feature.  And if you are using an M model radio, you should apply DC power to the radio first, wait 2 minutes for all of the different processors to fully boot up before turning on the radio using REM ON (or the power button) to load the radio firmware.  Shutting down should be the reverse of this process.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am using REM ON feature, Tim. I've been using it on both 6700 and 6300 for years. This used to work just fine... now the TX profiles are not being saved as they are made.

In my view (as a user), this is a bug. The Global profiles and other changes are persisted as they are made. Clearly, as a user that's the expected behavior. 

Please accept this as a request to properly persist all profile changes as they are made or shortly thereafter. In the meantime, I will use your suggestion as a temporary Workaround.

Thanks.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Based upon the release notes (and Tim's guidance), it doesn't appear to be a supported feature (or it's a bug, depending upon your point of view I suppose). Thanks.
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I usually leave power supply on , lately I have been using remote RCA Remote plug to shut Radio down , before that I used power button on radio , either way I lose profile Intermittently . Sometimes it would work prefect, which made me think that did I do Something different that time . I feel better now , I thought I was the only one having the problem, I been using transmit profile since getting KPA 500 AMP only takes 23 -25 watts to drive , I realize that I could set over all power in Radio settings , I have another Ham remotely using radio at Times so at times use a profile for no amp with 100 watts. No a big deal these days with all that is going on
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    does FlexRadio 6600 has a Backup battery? cause I'm having same problem with my TX profiles, they simple disappear if power is totally down
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I don’t think that there is. a battery back up , Never have seen any mention of it before. Tim May comment on if there is a battery thanks for input
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I used the REM ON feature (manually) to power down the radio after creating the TX profiles. It works. Thanks Tim.
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Rick Thanks for the information, So I may have a hardware problem with my 6600? Ray WB0HHM
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I believe persistence is via SD card. Mine had to be replaced a few years ago.
  • David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options

So has anyone found the solution to the problem with the TX profiles disappearing?

I did the SD card replacement with no results.

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭
    Options

The "work around" I have used is a bit tedious but seems to work. I export the newly created TX profile, then delete the profile on the radio I just created. Then I import the profile back in. If the profile won't import, I know it was "corrupted". So, I create the TX profile again and repeat until I can export/import the profile reliably. I have never had one of these "verified" profiles mysteriously disappear like I have with TX profiles that I don't verify.

Ted WR4T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.